SAVE THE DATE!
The RMCMI Mine Rescue Evaluation for 2021 is scheduled for June 26th-June 29th in Steamboat, Colorado at The Steamboat Grand
We are pleased to inform you that The Kern Education Group will be back for our 2021 program. Kern Education is composed of a team of licensed medical professionals and has worked with RMCMI on several occasions to bring medical training to our mine rescue teams.
Some of the previous classes taught by Kern Education at the RMCMI Mine Rescue Evaluation include:
- Stop the Bleed- Tourniquet Training
- Medical Assessment
- Mass Casualty Incident (simulated injuries created with moulage for teams to learn assessment skills)
- Guts & Gore (real pig organs were used in this class to learn how to listen for and detect lung injuries and illnesses)
The Kern Education Group will be teaching our Saturday course for the 2021 evaluation. The theme for the 2021 evaluation is Rescue21- Beyond COVID. A brief program overview is below:
- Rescuer Safety
- Proper PPE & fit including don and doff
- Overview of treatment modalities with COVID patients
Rescue Rodeo (Saturday):
- Team Icebreaker/Fun & games
Sunday & Monday:
- Scenario based training
- High/low angle
- Individual performance
Registration Information and Packets will be available soon.