Technical School Scholarship Criteria
You must be a U.S. Citizen and a legal resident of one of these states
Arizona, Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Texas, Utah and Wyoming
Tech Scholarship Criteria
The following are the scholarship criteria. Each applicant MUST be:
- A first-year student at a two-year Technical/Trade School in good standing at the time of selection;
- Both a U.S. citizen and a legal resident of one of the Rocky Mountain Coal Mining Institute (RMCMI) member states – Arizona, Colorado, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, Texas, Utah, or Wyoming;
- Studying an applicable trade; and
- Interested in coal as a career path.
Scholarship selection is managed as follows:
- The RMCMI Scholarship Chairman will distribute scholarship applications to interested technical/trade institutions. Nominations will be accepted only from students meeting the scholarship criteria.
- It is the intention of the RMCMI to award a scholarship to a resident candidate from each member state as listed above. Applications from each state will be reviewed and rated by the RMCMI Scholarship Committee. Interview of top candidates by RMCMI Chairman may be conducted. However, if there is no candidate acceptable to the RMCMI Scholarship Committee from a particular state, no award will be given for that state. The scholarship may be awarded to anothercandidate at the discretion of the scholarship committee.
Scholarship presentation is handled as follows:
- The monetary value of the scholarship, as set annually by the RMCMI Board of Directors, is sent directly to the college, university or technical school to be used as tuition credit for the winner. The 2015 Scholarship value is $1,000 for one year.
Application deadline is February 1, 2019. No applications will be accepted after that date. Interviews of prospective candidates will be conducted March. Scholarship winners will be selected and notified by April 2019.
Please contact the RMCMI office, at 303/948-3300 or send us an email, if you have questions regarding the scholarship program. We appreciate your interest.